Monday 8 June 2015

Overnight Oats - Take 2

Can you tell I am obsessed with overnight oats?
 
I am so obsessed, I have these oats at anytime of the day now. What's not to love though? Healthy, filling and cold. I also just found out that oatmeal is considered brain food and is integral to the diet for growing children. Add several more pluses here.
 

 
 
 
This version is one that my son loves. After getting him ready for school, he clamps his mouth shut and refuses to let anything pass his lips. Except oatmeal. He does not eat huge amounts in the mornings but with all the healthy goodness in this version, I know he has enough to keep him full till snack time at school which sets my mind at ease
 
 
 
You will need:
  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup milk - flavored milk works just as well.
  • 1 crunchy apple like Granny Smith - core removed and cut into chunks
  • 14 cup dried raisins
  • 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes


Directions:
  • Pour milk over the oats and store in a lidded container in the fridge overnight
  • The next morning, add the remaining ingredients, sweeten to taste if desired and stir to combine. Serve cold.


 
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I will have to try this at home for my son cos he loves oat too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently found your blog, and I absolutely love it; I love how it has a little of everything. I look forward to reading a lot more! =)
    Cook at easy weight watcher recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete