Wednesday 8 October 2014

When Life Gives You Wilson's Lemonade...Make a Salad Vinaigrette


I am in mad scientist mode again. LOL

I like to play around with making my own salad dressings. They are so easy to make and once you get the hang of it, you will never look at store bought dressings the same way again. I should do a whole series on salad dressings shouldn't I?

Anyway, after this Sallah break, I had a big bowl of vegetable salad - carrots, pasta, cabbage, spring onions, tomatoes, boiled egg and some lettuce in the fridge courtesy of my friend Amina. I decided to play around with making a light vinaigrette using Wilson's Old Fashioned Lemonade. The way I saw it, that could add just a hint of sweetness and oomph to my dressing. After a few tries, I finally got this super easy and delicious vinaigrette right. It was so good that hubby used it as a dipping sauce with some pieces of warmed up French baguette.

This recipe can be multiplied in and you will need:
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons Wilson's Old Fashioned Lemonade
  • 1 teaspoon Sriacha hot chilli sauce
  • Salt to taste
Directions:
  • Pour the olive oil, lemonade and hot chilli sauce into a bowl and whisk furiously until well combined
  • Taste dressing and add salt as needed
  • Serve immediately.
  • You can put this dressing in the fridge but remember to whisk again before serving to make sure all ingredients are combined.
Unexpected and totally delicious.

Enjoy!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment