Monday 22 September 2014

A Mango Daiquiri with some oomph.....

One of my favorite things to do is to mix drinks. Non-alcoholic versions or adult only versions. I think there are so many wonderful things that can come out of a blender or a pitcher if you just let your imagination run wild.
 
I especially love frozen/slushy type fruity cocktails. They just make me so happy especially when served in interesting glasses. They make me think of vacations, with no cares in the world, not having to drive home....
 
I will admit that sometimes, cocktails can be over the top sweet for me and I end up diluting with water at restaurants. This mango daiquiri is not that type of cocktail. Its sweet but not cloying and the sweetness is cut by the addition of ginger which also gives the daiquiri a more exotic twist.
 
To make enough for 2 tall glasses, you will need:
  • 3 ripe mangos
  • 1/2 cup dark rum
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
 
 

Directions:
  • A few hours before you want to serve this, peel mangoes, cut into chunks and place in the freezer
  • In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth. Mixture should have a slushy like consistency. You can add ice cubes if you would like it thinnner


No comments:

Post a Comment