I know a lot of people that loathe salads. And then there are those that love salads drenched in creamy dressings. I honestly am not a food Nazi that believes that all food should be stripped of all oil and fat. I believe moderation is the key and we can all do with healthy food choices now and again. Salads can go from 0-100 on the health scale depending on the ingredients and dressings used.
This lemon herb dressing is a fresh, delicious and healthy alternative to creamy dressings for salads and also doubles as a dip for warm bread. Like most dressings, it is also very easy to put together and can be refrigerated till ready to be eaten.
To make half a cup of dressing, you will need:
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a mixing bowl or pitcher, add all the ingredients and stir well
- Chill till ready to use