Burgers, sandwiches, wraps - All very easy to throw together when time is not on your side. They can get boring though because lets face it - when you have a combination that the family loves, its hard to tweak. A very easy but tasty way to make things exciting is by making what I call amped up mayonnaise.
Amped up mayonnaise is really mayonnaise with add-ins. The wonderful thing about amped up mayonnaise is there are so many variations that you can make to your taste. My 2 favorite versions are - garlic mayonnaise (crushed garlic stirred into mayonnaise) and this version here - curry chili mayonnaise.
You will need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise. You can use low fat versions. You can also swap half of the mayonnaise with natural yogurt for some zing
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 birds eye chili or any type you prefer. You can deseed the chili for less heat
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir well.
- This can keep in the fridge for a week
Use this mayonnaise on burgers, sandwiches (this is a ham and cheese sandwich pictured), wraps or even as a dip for chips or potato wedges.