Thursday 5 June 2014

Coconut Ice

 
There is nothing I love more than frozen treats. Even if its freezing cold outside, I must have my water straight out of the freezer. I put my cut fresh fruits in the freezer and cant abide room temperature anything. I cant even drink hot tea or coffee. I stick the cups in the freezer after so they are as close to frozen as I can get them depending on how impatient I am.
 
 
So its no surprise that this coconut ice is one of my favorite frozen treats to make. It ticks a lot of my boxes: frozen (check), coconut (check), zingy lime flavor (check), easy peasy to make(check).
 
 
Its refreshing and not cloyingly sweet and as long as the people around you (regardless of age) like coconut, this is a winner every time.
 
To make enough to serve 4 or all for yourself, you will need:
 
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup of caster sugar
  • 1 400ml can coconut milk
  • 2 limes
  • 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
  • Sprinkles to garnish and serve
Directions
Pour 2/3 cups of water into a saucepan. Add the caster sugar and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat and leave syrup to cool in fridge
Grate the rind from the limes and set aside
In a bowl, juice the limes and add to the cooled syrup, desiccated coconut and coconut milk
Pour mixture into a freezer container and freeze till firm. About 4-6 hours. Use a hand mixer or fork to break up the crystals.
Scoop into glasses, decorate and serve
Tip
For extra nuttiness, toast the dessicated coconut in a dry pan on the stove till it browns before adding into the syrup and coconut milk mixture



 

 
 
Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete