I don't like to drink alcohol just because I am a wuss. Really. My alcohol tolerance is so low, its laughable. But I still like to have fun fun drinks when I have company over and they getting their buzz on.
These 2 drinks will make the teetotalers and drinkers in your life very happy. Plus they are so easy to put together which should make any hostess happy.
The first drink is a citrus cold brewed iced tea. To make a pitcher, you will need:
- 1 green tea bag
- Cold water to fill the pitcher
- Slices from 1 orange
- Slices from 2 lemons
- Slices from 3 limes
- Sweetener of choice (Sugar, Stevia, honey etc)
- Simply put all the ingredients into a pitcher and fill with water and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours and ready to serve.
- Substitute the fruits with any combination of your choice. You can also use flavored tea bags as well.
- Sweeten to taste
I prefer to make the tea unsweetened and offer my guests the option of sweetening to taste. Just have ice on hand to add to glasses afterwards.
To make the Cuba Libra, you will need:
- Juice from 9 limes
- 1 cup of dark rum
- 3.5 cups of cola
- Ice cubes
- In a pitcher, add all the ingredients listed above and serve immediately
To up the fun factor, play around serving your drinks in unusual glasses and with fun straws and picks. These drinks go very well with salty crunchy snacks like pretzels, potato chips, veggie crisps etc.